Micah 6:8
What doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Friday, August 26, 2011
Date Night/Family Night
James and I have absolutely no problem spending our "Date Night" as a family. One of our top date night choices, is to go to Barnes'N'Noble. We grab a coffee, the girls get a special drink or a dessert of their choice, and then we look at books. I really enjoyed this evening. Summer nights are cooling down, which can make any night more enjoyable. There is not a bed time, no rush, and knowing the next few days will be spent as a family made this evening extra special. I also love seeing the progress taking place in Karlie's reading skills. She was allowed to choose one book to take home. We have, in the past weeks, been tea partying. Well, we are furthering this fun lesson of girlhood and going to participate in a "Fancy Nancy" tea party at the library in a few weeks with some close friends. She chose another "Fancy Nancy" book. She read while James and I enjoyed our Lattes. What a GREAT night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

After the day you had today, I am so excited to see that your family had such a wonderful night together! That book will probably always remind Karlie of how a difficult day can turn out wonderful with love and grace. We are looking forward to our Fancy Nancy tea party!!!
ReplyDelete