Micah 6:8

What doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Friday, August 26, 2011

Finally Friday

It is the end of the week-stress free day right? NOT. Just when we think the day will pleasantly perfect, organized, fun-filled, and all the kids will be happy......a bomb goes off. I have certain expectations for my children to meet and today I must say they were not "met". My five year old showed my a part of her stubborn side I have never seen before. After hours of prayer, and patience waiting for the LORD to show me guidance-we finally met an understanding of each other on the same level. She told me later this evening "Mom, I didn't know I had that rule, Im sorry." I asked, "What rule?" "That I just tell you what I feel." (she is very open with her feelings on a day-to-day basis, just when I seem stern with certain situations she goes in her clam shell so to speak) She was just making herself suffer, and was very upset trying to do what I told her to do. I pray God leads me through this stage in this little girl's life to show her, her Mom is on her side, to be their for her, to guide her, and mainly to love her. I lacked support in all these areas today! I will do my best, Lord willing, to better myself at communicating with her. Just one surprisingly rough day will not stop the love between us, by the grace of God, this only has made "US" stronger.

 Positive note of the week...

  • "Insect Study"-finishing Metamorphosis of Butterflies, and she chose to start a new study on LadyBugs. 
  • We started basic addition with York Peppermint Mini's.
  • Finished our 5th Lesson on spelling
  • Began Cursive Handwriting.
Kade had an absolute blast running through the sprinklers and water mushrooms. She shows me so many different sides of joyful living I would never experience if she were not in my life. Kade fills my life with SO much laughter. I have to say she has her own personality and no one is like her. She does take after me with her stubbornness, I must say. She will not ever meet me at my level of stubbornism (my own word), only because I'M the mom, but she can sure push me to the tops of these stubborn peaks. (Make sense?) 


1 comment:

  1. What a heartfelt post! Since I was with you during this difficulty today, I am SO PROUD of YOU, and Karlie, for working through a situation and both learning from it and growing together. What a wonderful mother you are.

    ReplyDelete